HVAC Service Supervisor ($75,000 - $100,000 annual)
Unique Indoor Comfort is a successful and rapidly growing heating and air conditioning company located in King of Prussia, PA. Our team consists of competent, capable professionals who are passionate about revolutionizing the home services industry with a focus on providing a world-class customer experience.
Our core values are: communicate effectively; constantly improve; be trustworthy advisors; play with passion; work hard and be nice. We are process driven and utilize a strategic planning system to run our internal organization. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a 401k that the company contributes to. We love team-building events like axe-throwing, dinners, paintball, dip days, and more. Our team continues to train in technical and customer-focused soft skills, and we celebrate recognition by customers as well as recognition that goes above and beyond what’s expected of us. There is plenty of growth opportunity with challenging and interesting work.
If you love developing people, thrive in an environment of proven processes, and enjoy working in a fun and collegiate workplace, with a leadership team that is committed to your success, then we could be a great fit for you!
We are seeking talented, enthusiastic, high-achieving HVAC Service Supervisor who values trust, communicates clearly, and can offer the highest level of customer service. This position is directly related to ensuring a strong customer relationship.
JOB SUMMARY: The Service Supervisor is responsible for supervising and developing a team of “A” players, implementing and executing systems to maximize efficiency, and is committed to serving the needs of our customers in an efficient and reliable manner. Communication with customers and management regarding all work performed in a timely and regular basis is critical to the success of this position. This will be accomplished by recruiting, training, and developing exceptional individuals and doing everything necessary to put them in a position to success. A professional appearance and behavior must be maintained at all times.
Candidate must possess a passion for team building and people development, with a high level of technical aptitude to effectively manage our employees and customers needs in a fast-paced environment.
- HVAC Service Field Experience (6 years minimum REQUIRED)
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge an understanding of HVAC
- Ability to read, interpret, utilize, and train on manuals, schematics, and control circuits related to HVAC
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and an ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- HVAC Supervisor, or related experience (2 years minimum REQUIRED)
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong conflict management skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement, and the desire to motivate HVAC technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today
- Have a clean, neat, and professional appearance, a top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in themselves and in others
- Strong knowledge of HVAC industry best practices and building codes
- Proficient in all aspects of HVAC function
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Positive attitude, exceptional people skills, professional appearance and behavior, and a desire to be your best
- Strong work ethic: reliable, dependable, punctual
- Must have driver’s license with clean record
- Able to pass a background and drug screening check (random testing may occur)
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will possess a track record of motivating and leading a team. Maintaining a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction is critical to success in this role. In addition to core lead service technician responsibilities, the Service Supervisor’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair all residential equipment, including traditional forced-air systems, steam and hot water-based systems, oil, high velocity, ductless systems, and more, as needed.
- Provide technical support to HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customer expectations
- Train HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Supervise and direct HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Review technician’s work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques, and safety requirements, make recommendations as required to improve quality and productivity, provide coaching and support as needed
- Responsible for HVAC technicians’ performance appraisals, reviews, and for setting improvement goals per company requirements by creating and following-up on 90-day success plans for each service technician
- Communicate regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled appropriately by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements
- Ensure that all company and department policies and procedures and being followed by all HVAC technicians
- Ensure new hires are trained to successfully run Service calls, and provide our “Green Bow” service
- Run weekly meetings with the Service team
- Track and review customer concerns
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and be available for field team members
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of service technicians