Unique Indoor Comfort, a fast-growing, career-oriented company, is looking for an additional supervisor to help lead our high-performing service department. This individual will be responsible for supervising a team of service technicians who play a key role in a progressive heating and air conditioning company. The primary objectives will be to develop a team of “A” players, implement and execute systems to maximize efficiency, and provide our customers with exceptional experiences at every interaction. This will be accomplished by recruiting, training, and developing exceptional individuals and doing everything necessary to put them in a position to succeed.
Applicant must possess a passion for team building and people development while possessing a high level of technical aptitude to effectively manage our employees and customers needs in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will possess a track record of motivating and leading a team. Maintaining a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction is critical to success in this role.
In addition to core lead service technician responsibilities, the service supervisor’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customer expectations
- Train HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Supervise and direct HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Review technician’s work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques, and safety requirements; make recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity; provide coaching and support as needed.
- Responsible for HVAC technicians’ performance appraisals, reviews, and for setting improvement goals per company requirements by creating and following-up on 90-day success plan for each service technician
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements
- Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by all HVAC technicians
- Ensuring new hires are trained to successfully go out on Service calls, and provide our “Green Bow Service”
- Run weekly meetings with the Service team
- Track and review customer concerns
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and be available for field team members
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of service technicians
- HVAC Service Field Experience: 6 years minimum (Required)
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC
- Ability to read, interpret, utilize, and train on manuals, schematics, and control circuits related to HVAC
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and an ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- HVAC Supervisor, or related experience: 2 years (Required)
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement; and the desire to motivate HVAC technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today
- Have a clean, neat, and professional appearance; a top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in themselves and in others.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
Why work for Unique Indoor Comfort?
- Leadership team committed to your success
- Fun and collegial workplace
- Work with competent and capable people
About the Management Team
You will be working with, not for, the leadership team of the company - a true “win-win” group who are dedicated to your ongoing success as the Install Supervisor. There is no micromanaging - it is expected that you work successfully by yourself, but your manager is always available when necessary.
Attributes needed to be successful:
- Teamwork - Creates a work environment that supports cooperation and productivity
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to effectively relate and adapt to different personality styles
- Leading Others - Encourages and motivates staff to fulfill on the company’s vision and mission
- Correcting Others - Addresses and redirects unproductive behavior in a non-confrontational manner
- Results Oriented - Holds self and others accountable for measuring and achieving company objectives
- Proactive Thinking - Anticipates problems before they occur and seeks to eliminate their source
- Optimism - Maintains a confident viewpoint that anticipates positive outcomes
- Emotional Control - Maintains a rational and objective demeanor under stressful situations
- Consistency - “Walks the talk” - demonstrates that they are also a product of the process
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary plus performance-based bonuses in first full year
- Benefits include 401k with company contribution, health, dental, and vision insurance, cell phone, laptop, and more
- Full seasonal uniforms
- Team-building events (paintball, axe-throwing, archery-dodgeball)
- Winter company party/Summer family fun day
Education & other requirements:
- Accredited HVAC Tech School or post-high school education from college or military (Preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (Required)
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen (Required)
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekend, holidays as/if required